INTERA is an European Project and has essentially two pillars:
- to build an integrated European language resource area by connecting international, national and regional data centres,
- to produce new multilingual language resources.
The first goal involves the integration of a critical mass of different types of language resources with the help of metadata descriptions and the interlinking of the resulting distributed resource repository with an existing tool repository thus enabling users to directly start suitable tools on the included resources. INTERA anticipates that this integrated and interlinked metadata description domain will facilitate the access to language resources in Europe and help professionals in industry, the eContent business, research and education, and increase the usage of the resources already available.
The second goal addresses the lack of quality of multilingual resources, especially for the less widely spoken languages, including Balkan ones, which are of crucial importance to the development of the eContent business. INTERA goes further ahead by developing exemplary methods for their business attractive production.
It aims to:
- deliver an integrated searchable and browsable European domain of metadata descriptions of language resources housed by various data centres
- deliver mechanisms that make it possible to immediately start a relevant tool after the user has found an interesting resource by interlinking the integrated resource repository with tool repositories
- inform a large group of language resource users of the potential of the new mechanisms and resources, and to stimulate their use.
Start and duration : January 2003, 24 months
Project reference number: 22076Y2C2DMAL2