In this section, you will find descriptions of candidate profiles that are being seeked for open positions, both temporary and permanent positions (below), and internships at ELDA/ELRA.
The European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), a company specialized in Human Language Technologies within an international context is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for a Language Resources Project Manager – Junior position. This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.
Language Resources Project Manager - Junior (m/f)
Under the supervision of the Language Resources Sales Manager, the Language Resources Project Manager – Junior will be in charge of the identification of Language Resources (LRs) and the negotiation of rights in relation with their distribution.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the responsibility of the following tasks:
- Identification of LRs and Cataloguing.
- Negotiation of distribution rights, including interaction with LR providers, drafting of distribution agreements, definition of prices of language resources to be integrated in the ELRA catalogue.
- LR Packaging and Archiving.
- Designing and evaluating workflows for IPR clearance in the digital environment.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Law and Computer science, with an awareness of Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection issues in the digital environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in computational linguistics, information science, knowledge management or similar fields.
- Experience in project management and participation in European projects, as well as practice in contract and partnership negotiation at an international level, would be a plus.
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in English, with strong writing and documentation skills. Communication skills required in a French-speaking working environment.
- Citizenship of (or residency papers) a European Union country.
All positions are based in Paris. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
9, rue des Cordelières
Fax : 01 43 13 33 30
ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA and ELRA, visit: