The European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), a company specialized in Human Language Technologies within an international context is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for an R&D Software Engineer position.
R&D Software Engineer, permanent position (M/F)
Under the supervision of the technical department manager, the responsibilities of the R&D Software Engineer include designing, developing, documenting, deploying and maintaining tools and software components for language resource production and management, as well as carrying out quality control and assessment of language resources. Some of these software tools and components are developed within the framework of European, publicly- or privately-funded research and development projects and are published as free software. The Software Engineer will also participate in the maintenance and upgrading of the current language resource production and management infrastructure, while being hands-on whenever required by the language resource production and management team. Profile (all requirements are mandatory, unless otherwise stated):
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency in classic shell scripting in a Linux environment (POSIX tools, Bash, awk)
- Proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of a distributed version control system (Git, Mercurial)
- Knowledge of SQL and of RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Knowledge of XML and of standard APIs (DOM, SAX)
- Hands-on experience in Django
- Good knowledge of basic Computer Science algorithms
- Knowledge of a statically typed functional programming language (OCaml preferred) is a strong plus
- Familiarity with open source and free software
- Experience in data integration and processing is a plus
- Proficiency in French and English, with strong writing and documentation skills in both languages
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to work on different tasks in parallel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The position is based in Paris.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to :
9, rue des Cordelières
Mail : email@example.com